I'm exhausted.
Today brought up so many feelings from my past...feelings that I thought that I had under control...that I hadn't thought about in years.
Remembering what it was like to feel thoroughly alone, whether that loneliness was caused by being somewhere by yourself, not being able to emotionally connect with even one person while surrounded by a crowd, or whether you are wandering your darkened house in the middle of the night...wishing that one person would hear you...would wake up and stop you from doing the thing you most want and dread.
Loneliness prevails.
It's something that everyone experiences at some point in time in life. For some...there is nothing else. There was a time in my not-so-distant past when that was my life, when every day was filled with such intense loneliness and longing...
And two simple minutes bring all of those memories rushing into my brain...
I thank God that the person I was is no longer who I am...
"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come"
ReplyDelete"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit"
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Compassion and the God of all Comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God"