Saturday, January 21, 2012

Growing Up

So Once Upon a Time...
I moved to California on a bit of an impulse.
I was extremely nervous and terrified that I had made a giant mistake, even though there were times that I felt like God was pulling me in that direction.

But things started to fall into place.
I was able to buy a car, for a reasonable price, that would be there waiting for me when I got there.
All of the boys renting from my sister decided to move back home, leaving my sister with an empty room, which she gladly offered to me...meaning I didn't have to immediately find another place to live and I don't have to pay rent. Instead I get to watch my wonderful niece and nephew in exchange for my room...a fully furnished room.
After two weeks of living here, I got a job. It's a job I am not really qualified for in the technical sense, but a job that I think I will find challenging and enjoyable. And I will be working for good, Christian men in a pleasant environment, which can make all the difference.
Somehow, the people here have accepted me and I am really starting to feel at home with the EBC students as well as the women from church.

I am happy.

These past two weeks have been nerve-wracking and stressful and expensive (especially with my car). But they have been great. I managed to save just enough money to pay for all of my moving expenses and getting my car legal to drive with enough left to provide for my daily needs until I start my job in March.
My God is a God who provides.

I have never felt this light and at peace.
I have a pretty big problem in general with worrying too much about everything...and while I have my freak out moments...flashes of overwhelming insecurity...I feel like maybe for the first time, that I am where I need to be and I am doing what I need to be doing.

Look at me, I'm growing up. =D

2 comments:

  1. Bea:
    I'd say inner peace is a good sign. Miss you here, but glad for you in this new chapter of your life.
    RTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many updates...
    Derrick

    ReplyDelete