Once Upon a Time...
While Dave considered finding a cute way to propose at the convention, he decided against it as there were just so many people around all the time (there were about 3,000) and I had expressed my dislike of public proposals.
So after the convention was over, we picked up Zebedee (my car) and started driving. We were both hungry, so we looked up some places to have dinner before heading back to where we were staying.
We settled on the Wacky Wok...a New York style Chinese restaurant.
And it was delicious!
We settled on the Wacky Wok...a New York style Chinese restaurant.
And it was delicious!
Although it was delicious, there was very loud pop music playing and "Once Upon a Time" on the tv behind Dave's head. I was already feeling a little overwhelmed from 3,000 people surrounding me and this was just a sensory overload.
We walked back to Zeb, which we had had to park in a CVS parking lot behind the Wacky Wok and got in. I asked if it was all right to sit in the car for a bit to enjoy the quiet...and lack of people. So we put the seats down and just talked about random things.
At this point, I should note that I had gotten sick over the weekend. I had a vicious sore throat and had a fever Friday night. Dave was kind enough to pick up some DayQuil and throat lozenges for me. So I downed another dose of DayQuil and we both popped in the lozenges. This particularly kind of lozenges were the ones that make your throat numb...and also kind of the rest of your mouth.
Now, Dave makes this noise when he's thinking and hasn't quite figured out how he's going to say what he's thinking...and he was making that noise a lot, which of course I pointed out and we joked around for a while.
Now, Dave makes this noise when he's thinking and hasn't quite figured out how he's going to say what he's thinking...and he was making that noise a lot, which of course I pointed out and we joked around for a while.
Then he got very serious and asked me to marry him.
At first I wasn't sure that he was being serious...after all, we kind of got into the habit of "proposing" to each other all the time (mostly me saying "Let's get married"). So my response was the usual, nodding "yes" very quickly. Then he started to reach into his bag for the ring. And then I said, "Are you being for real?"
He pulled out a TARDIS ring box...and I started laughing and being really awkward, as I am prone to do. And I declared that I didn't even need a ring...I would just carry that around with me everywhere :D
I was too excited and couldn't bring myself to open the box, so Dave opened it for me...and inside...was the most beautiful, perfect ring I could have asked for.
Of course, we kissed...which was pretty funny...as both of our mouths were kind of numb from the aforementioned lozenges.
To sum up, we got engaged February 17, 2013 around 8:30 p.m. in the parking lot of a CVS after dinner at the Wacky Wok with numb mouths.
It was funny, adorable, oddly romantic, and very us.
It was funny, adorable, oddly romantic, and very us.
The End.



Incredible! Perfect! Wow! Running adjectives- I couldn't imagine you having any other story- Bonus points for him being natural and spontaneous and for you being your awesome wonderful geeky self. So excited for both of you- Congrats!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I expect wedding details/pics at some point, you know how I am. ;)
much love,
SEB
Yay!! Congratulations!!! :D
ReplyDeleteAlso, Gallifrey One?! Very jealous right now...
ReplyDeleteYeah, Gallifrey One is jealous worthy :D
ReplyDelete